INSIDE YOUR PARK HOME
• Is the plasterwork smooth and neatly finished around sockets, switches, pipes, etc.?
• Are plasterboard joints and nail fixings invisible?
• Is the decoration throughout the home complete and to a consistently acceptable standard?
• Are you happy that the timber floors don’t creak excessively?
• Has sheet flooring been laid level and is it free of bubbling or unevenness beneath the covering that might cause premature failure?
• Is floor tiling fully adhered (i.e. sounding hollow if tapped) and fully grouted?
• Is there any metallic knocking sounds when walking across the floors?
• Is wall tiling fully adhered (i.e. sounding hollow if tapped) and fully grouted?
• Has a flexible sealant been provided at corners and junctions with shower trays, baths, basins and kitchen units?
Kitchens and bathrooms
• Are all kitchen units and appliances clean and undamaged?
• Are all the sanitary fittings clean and undamaged?
• Is the water flow to taps, showers and appliances satisfactory?
• Are any leaks evident beneath sinks, sanitary-ware and appliances? Check waste pipes for leaks also.
• Do all doors and drawers to kitchen units operate correctly?
• Are extractor fans fitted and operating?
• Are all appliances working?
• Are all guarantees and instruction manuals available?
• Are commissioning documents for boilers etc available?
• Are all furnishings in a good state of repair
• Beds Cabinets
Windows and doors
• Are keys supplied for all window and door locks?
• Do all locks and handles work and operate freely?
• Do all windows and doors open and shut properly and engage with the weather seals?
• Do self-closing devices, where fitted, fully close the doors after opening?
• Is all glazing crack-free?
• Are double-glazed units free of condensation between the panes?
Heating and electrical
• Do all light fittings and socket outlets work?
• Are radiators securely fixed and free of leaks?
• Is exposed horizontal and vertical pipe-work adequately supported? Are the joints leak-free?
• Is the loft space fully insulated?
OUTSIDE YOUR HOME
• Are there any signs of cracking in the external wall coverings?
• Are there any signs of cracking around window and door frames?
• Is there a continual gap of no less than 25mm between the bottom of the home and top of the skirt?
• Do gutters and downpipes appear securely fixed and complete?
• Are they leak-free during rainfall?
• Are gullies and inspection chambers free of debris?
• Do any tiles or slates appear cracked or loose?
• Are all lead flashings complete and secure?
• Do all ridge caps appear to be fiited correctly and in line?
• Do all Valleys appear to be fitted correctly?
• Do all Soffitts appear to be fitted correctly and securely?